Sometimes, there’s no substitute for face to face. In-person meetings with journalists and analysts can be a critical part of your PR strategy – especially when executed well.
What We Do For You
Some of the key press and analyst tour activities we assist with include:
- Tour Planning. We begin with a discussion of objectives for doing a tour and an evaluation of options. Location, timing and news value are critical components. If we decide to pursue a tour, we determine dates and cities and create an initial list of target contacts for meetings.
- Scheduling Meetings. We leverage our long-standing relationships with the media and analyst communities to schedule meetings and ensure productive interactions. Journalists and analysts are exceptionally busy, so our goal is to facilitate an interaction that is productive for both client and journalist.
- Tour Preparation. We work with you to create and perfect tour materials, including corporate presentations and product demonstrations. We coach executives on presentation skills and we “practice, practice, practice” until everyone agrees that we are ready for show time. This includes not only walking through your presentation materials but also reviewing a long list of questions that we think you are likely to be asked, and defining good answers to even the toughest questions. We also provide a briefing document on each individual you will meet with so that you understand their background and interests.
- Conducting the Tour. We accompany you on the tour, introduce you to the editors, and provide feedback after each meeting to help you improve your messages and your delivery. Our goal is to gain maximum exposure for your new product and to position your company as an industry innovator.
- Tour Follow-Up. We take detailed notes during your meetings and follow up on any questions that were not answered or additional information that was requested. We also engage with the journalists or analysts to get their feedback and ensure they received and understood your key messages. We aggressively pursue coverage opportunities from the media and positive recommendations from the analysts.