Branding Advice for Alternative Lending Platforms
The alternative investment industry is growing in leaps and bounds. But while the opportunities for companies that provide alternative lending platforms are significant, the current growth trend also presents serious challenges, not the least of which is finding ways to stand out in a crowded field of alternative investment technology providers.
Branding gives alternative investment platform providers the ability to differentiate themselves from the competition. However, to deliver measurable results, brand building needs to be performed in a way that aligns with the company’s philosophy, offerings and customers.
How Alternative Lending Platforms Can Build a Strong Brand
According to some estimates, the P2P lending through platforms is expected to reach $350 billion annually by 2025. The market for commercial lending via online platforms is forecasted to top $206 billion over the same time period.
To cash in on the push for improved alternative lending platforms, technology providers need to develop a strong brand image as soon as possible. Here’s how to get started.
- Define internal and external audiences. Your key audiences will inevitably shape your company’s brand image. By identifying the values and priorities of customers, employees, external partners and important stakeholders, you gain the insights you need to build an effective brand.
- Clarify short- and long-term goals. In FinTech and other sectors, brands play an important role in enabling the business to achieve short-term and long-term goals. The clarification of company goals at the beginning of the brand building process ensures that your brand image will help you achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Identify your brand personality. Each alternative investment platform provider has its own, unique personality and brand persona.
- Develop and refine messaging. Messaging should be the logical extension of brand messaging. Brand persona, business goals, audience values – it all comes together in the creation of the key messages that ultimately shape your marketing content and strategy.
Tips for Promoting Your Brand in the FinTech Space
Building the brand image for your alternative lending platform business is only the first step. After you have crafted a brand image that aligns with your audiences, goals and company personality, you’ll need to promote it to customers and other target audiences in the FinTech space.
- Public Relations – Public relations is critical for promoting your brand image in influential trade publications and other media outlets. In addition to improving brand awareness, PR plays a role in lead gen and other revenue-generating activities.
- Content Marketing – Content communicates your brand image and key messages to specific audiences. By developing and marketing a steady stream of relevant and useful content, you can leverage your brand image to achieve increased market share in today’s highly competitive alternative investment industry.
- Digital Marketing – A comprehensive and coordinated digital marketing strategy is a must for any FinTech brand. From site design and social media to SEO and PPC, digital marketing is the key to connecting your brand image to the right audiences at the right times.
Walker Sands: A Trusted Partner for Alternative Investment Platform Providers
At Walker Sands, we specialize in delivering a unique combination of PR and Digital Marketing services to alternative lending platform providers. Contact our FinTech practice area today and let’s start a conversation about how we can start putting our Digital Ecosystem to work for your brand.