The right HR tech PR firm can give your brand an edge in a crowded marketplace. The wrong PR firm, on the other hand, can take your brand off message and set you months or even years behind the competition.
You can’t afford to waste time and resources on the wrong agency. But how do you know when it’s time to find a new PR partner?
Signs That You Need a New HR Tech PR Firm
Intelligent PR is an important part of your brand’s promotional strategy. In today’s business environment, it’s not enough to advertise your solutions through PPC ads or industry events. You need to establish your brand as a thought leader HR technology and the use of technology in the workplace.
With that in mind, there are several signs that it’s time to begin the search for a new HR tech PR firm.
- Your PR firm doesn’t understand your business. HR technology is a nuanced sector. Payroll, recruiting, learning, employee engagement, feedback, culture management – these are just some of the tech categories that dominate the industry. To position your brand at the center of the right conversations, your agency needs to understand your specialization and know how to differentiate your brand as a provider of technology in the workplace.
- You’re not connecting with the right audiences. Leading HR tech PR firms know how to connect the right audiences with the right messages at the right times in the sales cycle. Whether you’re selling mobile HR technology or an end-to-end talent management solution, your PR firm needs to understand the influencers and decision makers that are most important for achieving your company’s business objectives.
- You lack coverage in key industry publications. Media coverage is good, but only if it places your brand in front of people who care about your products and services. In addition to securing coverage in mainstream pubs like Fast Company, the Harvard Business Review and the Wall Street Journal, your HR tech PR firm needs to have existing relationships with key industry publications like HR News/Magazine (from SHRM), Human Resource Executive, Workforce Magazine and HR Dive.
- Your current PR agency doesn’t have digital capabilities. These days, the best PR agencies don’t simply pitch stories. To keep pace with the information marketplace, you need a PR firm that offers a complete range of digital marketing services. SEO, PPC, interactive landing pages, website design – these and other digital functions need to dovetail with your brand’s messaging and PR efforts.
- You’re not telling a coherent and consistent story. In HR tech, the most successful brands tell compelling, consistent stories across earned, owned and paid media. PR agencies that rely on freelancers or lack robust content and design credentials fall short in messaging and storytelling. To improve the impact of campaigns and assets (visual and written), look for a PR partner that has experience telling stories for growing HR tech brands.
Walker Sands: An HR Tech PR Firm You Can Count On
At Walker Sands, we help HR technology firms leverage public relations for improved business outcomes. As a leading HR tech PR firm, we’ve cultivated close working relationships with editors and reporters at leading industry media outlets, and are experienced at crafting stories and messages that connect with the audiences that matter most to your brand.
Ready to take the next step? Contact us today and let’s talk about what we can do for your business.