The Future of Retail 2019
Since 2013, Walker Sands’ annual Future of Retail report has given retailers and commerce leaders a lens to better understand the impact of technology on shifting consumer preferences. This year’s report takes a deeper dive into the collision of consumer lifestyle preferences with shopping habits, especially among younger generations.
Based on a survey of 1,600 U.S. consumers, The Future of Retail 2019 study reveals that all purchase decisions come down to two factors: convenience and connection. It’s no longer about just creating a seamless online-to-in-store experience. Instead, it’s using online and in-store platforms to facilitate a deeper connection that feels worth having.
Key takeaways from this year’s report include:
- Consumers are more comfortable spending big online
- Amazon is delivering on the convenience consumers crave – and younger consumers are taking advantage
- Consumers are buying less
- Sustainability is increasingly important, especially to younger consumers
- In-store is still in demand
- Consumer preferences are slow to shift in grocery
Download the 2019 study by filling out the form on this page.
Click here to access The Future of Retail 2018: How Technology is Expanding the Scope of Online Commerce Beyond Retail.