Protecting Your Online Brand Reputation
Online brand reputation can significantly impact a business. Investors, industry influencers and internal stakeholders can read and talk about your brand online on a 24/7 basis. From Amazon reviews to The New York Times, anyone with an Internet connection can shape public perception of your brand and products.
Since everything online has longevity and the potential to spread like wildfire, it’s critical to have a vigilant partner to protect your online brand reputation. At Walker Sands, we have proven strategies to ensure your brand stands out in search results, social conversations and in the media.
Fundamentals of Online Brand Reputation Programs
Strong online brand reputation programs incorporate a range of tactics:
- Define Key Audiences: Your customers and other external stakeholders perceive your company from a different lens. These are both important audiences and potential advocates that shape your online brand reputation. It’s important to identify and understand the most important audiences as a first step.
- Develop a Brand Persona and Messaging: After you’ve identified the key audiences you’re trying to reach, you should craft a persona that embodies your brand and mission. Base your core messaging around your persona and audience interests to guide your online brand reputation.
- Maintain Consistency Across Channels and Collateral: Your brand should seamlessly flow from one medium to another without disruption of experience. A superior online brand reputation will remain consistent across reviews, social media, blogs and other online forums.
- Monitor Online Conversations: By understanding what is being said about your brand online, you can proactively address criticism and maintain a strong online brand reputation. Without knowing how people perceive your brand, you will be left in the dark and lose to more savvy competitors.
- Address Negative Comments Appropriately: With a strong online brand reputation, your positive brand identity will shine through despite a few negative comments. You should always identify negative sentiment and take appropriate action quickly.
- Evaluate Results and Refresh When Needed: The key to sustainable online brand reputation success is constantly tracking and measuring your impact. By monitoring and evaluating results on an ongoing basis, you can easily understand what’s working and what’s not.
Declining results can indicate a stale brand, and you may be in need of a refresh. This will allow you to reset and improve your online brand reputation.
At Walker Sands, we help B2B and technology companies take control and improve their online brand reputation. Even when times get tough, we have your back, and are committed to building strong, lasting brands.