5 Steps to Improve Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is an important priority for any successful digital and lead generation strategy. CRO is the process of analyzing how visitors or different audiences use your site to determine how to increase the completion rate of desired actions you want users to take. This may be filling out a “contact us” form, downloading a white paper or even making a purchase.
An effective digital strategy does not end once you build a new website that’s optimized for SEO. On the contrary, after your new website launches, you have the opportunity to significantly improve site functionality and performance by gathering data and refining your strategy based on user behavior. Companies that overlook this opportunity will miss out on significant revenue gains and business growth.
5 Steps for Improving Conversion Rate Optimization
If your website is not generating enough traffic, you have an SEO problem. However, if your website is generating adequate amounts of traffic but visitors are bouncing or not following the intended conversion path, then you need to focus on CRO.
Here are five steps for improving conversion rate optimization on your company’s website:
- Implement a Strong CMS: CRO is difficult to execute on an ongoing basis if you have a poor back-end content management system. It’s important to implement a CMS that lets your marketing team make changes or upload new content quickly and easily. Otherwise, you will struggle to organize, test and make changes that improve CRO.
- Leverage Customer Reviews: Adding customer reviews and testimonials to your website is a great way to improve CRO. We helped one of our clients, a moving and storage company in the Pacific Northwest region, implement customer reviews on its website to increase conversions and user engagement.
- Know Which Data to Analyze: There are a wide variety of data points companies can analyze when executing CRO strategies. You can look for barriers to completion, diluted or misplaced calls to action and easy-to-escape conversion paths. Start out by assessing your existing conversion funnel for each goal on your website. This will enable you to identify the problem areas where you are losing your audience.
- Test, Test, Test: After you’ve identified your problem areas in the conversion path, you can begin A/B testing to learn how to improve conversion rates. Try changing the color of your calls to action or varying the amount of information you request on a form. See what works best for visitors in each area of your site.
- Think Long Term: Conversion rate optimization testing is not a one-and-done solution. It requires dedication to testing over the long term. You should always be looking for new ways to improve site functionality and performance based on user behavior and A/B testing.
Are you ready to reap the benefits of a strong, long-term CRO strategy? Walker Sands has the results and experience necessary to improve site performance, conversions and revenue. Fill out the form or give us a call today at 312-267-0066 to learn more about how we can improve CRO for your company.