Interacting with the media is a highly specialized skill that requires special training. It's critical to ensure good performance in press and analyst tours, phone interviews, public presentations, financial road shows, and sales calls. Fortunately, Walker Sands is adept at working with your executives to improve their success rate in interactions with important audiences, including the media, research analysts, and investors.
What We Do For You
Some of the key media training assistance we provide includes:
- Tips and Techniques. Many individuals in your organization — from CEOs to VPs Managers — can benefit from media training. During our half or one-day seminars, we educate you on strategies and techniques for taking control of your media opportunities and making the most of your interviews. You'll also be able to handle tough questions, overcome objections, and persuade with greater comfort. You'll learn how to cut to the chase, avoid techno-babble jargon, lead with headlines, and speak in sound bites.
- Message Refinement. We help you define your company's most important messages, simplifying even the most complex concepts into simple, coherent and understandable points. Your final messages will be authoritative and will be so well-supported that they will withstand in-depth scrutiny from even the toughest interviewers. You won't sound exactly like your competitors — after your compelling presentation, the interviewer will fully comprehend your unique value propositions.
- Customized Training. We customize our media training for you based on the audience. For those who are new to public relations, we provide basic introductory skills that prove invaluable in mastering their new spokesperson responsibilities. For more seasoned, savvy executives, we hone and polish presentation delivery skills vital to on-target communication. In some cases, we conduct general media training and in other cases we create customized training around specific issues you are facing.
- Materials Assistance. We can assist with creating your presentation or writing a speech. Our staff of writers and graphic designers are highly skilled at ensuring that we meet your communication objectives with compelling materials.
- Consistency Audit. We take steps to ensure that all of your spokespeople are delivering exactly the same messages to the market and reciting the same facts and statistics. We prepare Q&A documents that provide “stock” answers to questions you are likely to receive.
- Role Play and Preparation. We audit your practice presentations and simulate interview scenarios. We then provide you with feedback that allows you to improve your performance.