We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is seeking a highly capable Web & SEO Strategist to join our agency’s digital team.
In this role, you’ll analyze and improve important factors like website performance, Search Engine Optimization, conversion rates, lead generation, keyword searches and more. You’ll centralize our clients’ SEO optimization efforts by working cross-functionally to implement and execute web strategies, and advocate for our clients' audience to drive meaningful business results. Your strategic recommendations to clients and internal teams will help inform subsequent work, including website content, design, and development, as well as demand generation campaigns.
We work in a collaborative and creative environment, and you’ll work alongside integrated teams made up of account managers, project managers, digital strategists, developers, marketing automation specialists, designers and copywriters.
We’re looking for someone with between three and five years of experience working in web or digital analytics with an emphasis on SEO. We require a solid understanding of keyword research methodology, SEO fundamentals, website architecture, Search Console and Google Analytics, with an ability to analyze data, synthesize insights, align to business needs and recommend optimizations. Here are some examples of the types of responsibilities involved in this role:
- Develop, manage and execute our clients’ web & SEO strategy including technical and non-technical aspects, performance measurement and reporting
- Develop content migration and redirect strategies for website redesign projects
- Perform upfront keyword research for new website projects, and ongoing/ad-hoc for client engagements where our team builds out web content on a regular schedule
- Utilize a variety of tools and best practices to audit, identify optimization opportunities, drive meaningful engagement and measure website performance
- Strategize with a cross-functional team to identify and prioritize business-aligned conversion opportunities and lead the execution of conversion optimization efforts including CTA testing and user experience optimization (trial, forms, demos, etc)
- Direct and/or perform quality assurance on website development projects and SEO initiatives
- Analyze client competitors’ web and SEO strategies and make prioritized recommendations to our cross functional team to fill the gaps
- Analyze on-page factors on low-performing content and recommend adjustments that our designers, writers and developers can implement
- Review month-over-month pagespeed slowdown data, and recommend actions our designers and developers can take to improve performance
- Pull and analyze performance data from a variety of sources to identify insights and the story hidden inside the data when reporting on web KPIs to client stakeholders
The right candidate is intrigued by the intersection of personas, web vitals performance data, information architecture, content, design, branding and on-page optimizations that are combined to drive meaningful web experiences for our clients’ key audiences.
- At least 3 years of experience in Web / SEO
- Technical SEO knowledge and experience implementing fixes
- Expertise with keyword research tools
- Google Analytics expertise (certification preferred, but not required)
- High level of comfort with data manipulation, data analysis and reporting
- Stellar communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work on a cross-functional collaborative creative and web development team
- Strong work ethic and personal task management skills
- Client-facing presentation abilities
BONUS: Beneficial Skills / Familiarity
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Docs
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Search Console
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Data Studio
- Power BI
- Screaming Frog
- Marketing Automation: Pardot/Marketo/Hubspot
- CRM: Salesforce