We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is seeking an ambitious marketing leader to oversee our talented paid media team as VP, Paid Digital Marketing. This role is a member of the agency’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
What you’ll be responsible for:
- The product: Provide strong oversight of our paid media offerings, including process improvement and documentation, and input on staffing, scope and pricing of services. Drive innovation in terms of exploring new channels and new ways to create value for our clients.
- The people: Coach our talented team of paid experts, and help them grow and develop in their careers. Be an active participant in implementing our DEI strategy and contribute to our efforts to improve employee engagement and experience as a member of our senior leadership team.
- The work: Lead strategic development of global multi-channel campaigns, which include but are not limited to: search, social, display, programmatic, remarketing and content syndication.
- The clients: Serve as a lead paid strategist on integrated client teams, and act as a trusted advisor to client senior marketing leaders.
- The business: Represent the paid media team in new business pitches, including initial discovery and needs assessment through to strategy and proposal development. Oversee utilization to ensure clients and internal team members are well-supported. Manage agency financial KPIs for the paid media team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is truly expert across multiple paid media channels. This may include some combination of Google Ads Search, Google Display, Microsoft Ads, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, direct, programmatic and remarketing.
- Has a significant understanding of the role and intersection of paid media with marketing automation, account-based marketing (ABM), email marketing, search engine optimization, landing page and conversion rate optimization, offline, lead nurturing and CRM.
- Appreciates tactics, believes in sound measurement, can articulate a vision, and can architect a mean strategy.
- Has a proven track record of successfully launching and managing marketing campaigns with attributable results and clear ROI.
- Has the ability to summarize, find the story within the data, determine actionable insights and effectively communicate business-oriented KPIs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Understands how personas and buyer journeys are utilized to develop business-aligned targeting strategies that lead to highly impactful paid campaigns.
- Has a strong understanding of how marketing can directly impact all the stages of the sales funnel and buyer journey for prospects and accounts.
- Has demonstrated success, as marketing scales, in leading efforts to identify and manage risks, systemize and drive efficiencies, and maintain high quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Has experience building, managing and leading a team of marketing professionals, responsible for their development, including coaching and mentoring.
- Is an effective written and verbal communicator with prospects, clients, stakeholders, direct reports and cross-department team members.
- Understands how sales and marketing must align to increase sales pipelines and closed business.
- Understands B2B industries (tech / SaaS / professional services), which encompass the overwhelming majority of our clients.
- Brings significant experience into this role – likely 12+ years on the agency side, client side, or a combination of both.
- Extensive experience pitching new clients and expanding programs with existing clients, including: research, scoping, pitch deck development, pricing strategies and contract negotiation.
- Is a constant learner, is willing to go out of their way to support team members across the agency, and believes no task is above them or beneath them.
If you want to work every day in a collaborative environment with talented, creative people providing real, measurable business impact through effective, innovative and integrated marketing programs, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Walker Sands provides a work environment that is highly entrepreneurial and employee-loving where you can make a difference in employees’ lives and clients’ businesses.
This position will work closely with leaders in Demand Generation, Client Services and Creative Services. You will also have a hand in larger agency decision-making as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Interested in learning more before you apply? Check out the award-winning demand gen and digital marketing programs we execute here.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great Digital Marketing Leader but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.