Technical Business Analyst
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
About the role
If you enjoy working with others, problem-solving using technology to create high-quality solutions, and watching your ideas impact the business positively, this might be the role for you! As a BA/QA on our Software Development team, you will work with the stakeholders to assess project requirements, output acceptance criteria, and create a high-quality test plan to ensure we design solutions that solve everyday business problems. You’ll partner with your team members on IT to continually groom project backlogs, decompose work into user stories, monitor project progress, and deliver high-quality, well-tested products – ensuring our deliverables meet business expectations at go-live.
Our IT team is based in Chicago, Illinois, but we’re open to remote hires in the continental U.S., as long as we have at least 6 hours of overlap between 8:30 am and 5 pm central time.
Your typical daily tasks will include:
- Write and update project documentation including user stories, acceptance criteria, test plans, test cases, and assist with training materials as needed.
- Interaction with Stakeholders to define, gather, and document business requirements into Agile User Stories for the development team.
- Conduct interviews and requirements gathering workshops. Coordinate requirements for new and existing applications. Ensures sign-off of all artifacts.
- Prioritize requirements with input from stakeholders and serve as a liaison between them and the development team.
- Work with the development team to ensure that they understand the specifications.
- Conduct test planning, writing of test cases and scripts, and testing resource activities
- Create and execute detailed QA Test Plans to ensure products are built to specifications. This includes end to end testing, integration testing, and performance testing
- Work directly with development, operations, product owners, and other stakeholders to ensure any issues identified in QA testing are resolved.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, publishing progress reports, and recommending changes to the system to improve efficiency and the user experience.
- Basic understanding of Software Engineering Principles, Software Development Lifecycle, and Software Testing Life Cycle
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps or similar project management tools such as Jira
- Track record of successfully gathering and defining requirements
- An inquisitive and innovative nature, integrity, willingness to step into new roles, deadline and team-focused mentality, and a commitment to continuous learning and improving
- Excellent written and verbal communication at both the business and technical level
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer, Software, IT, or Business-related field (A college degree is also acceptable along with sufficient skills or experience).
- Basic understanding of SQL or willingness to learn in the first six months.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or FinancialForce is a huge plus, but not required.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or FinancialForce is a huge plus.
- Software Development Lifecycle testing methodology experience
- Hands-on experience using a Task Management & Test Tracking environment
- Salesforce and/or project management certifications