We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Walker Sands is growing and the Talent team is looking for a passionate Talent Acquisition & HR Specialist to join our team to help us scale, dividing their time between full cycle recruitment and broader HR projects. This individual will be crucial to helping the Talent team build a world-class, people-first organization.
Reporting to our Senior Talent Acquisition Manager this role will manage full cycle recruitment across the organization for our teams in Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, and Seattle. The position will work closely with mid-level to executive leadership on the tactical execution of open and future positions.
Additionally, this individual will provide first-level support on benefits, employee engagement, and employee relations inquiries and work alongside our HR Director on projects focused those topics.
- Working with our talent team you will be responsible for end-to-end management of open searches to ensure a strong, equitable hiring process is conducted, and that we are offering a positive candidates experience for anyone who interviews with Walker Sands.
- Serve as first-level support on benefits, employee engagement, and employee relations inquiries
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and update handbook as needed
- Assist HR Director with as-needed analysis and audits of our internal People data and external market factors in order to identify trends and opportunities
- Developing, and implementing sourcing strategies that produce a continuous, diverse, highly qualified pipeline of professionals for all departments at Walker Sands
- Accomplishing tasks on time and to a high quality, managing different deadlines and priorities
- Manage requisitions and applicants in Greenhouse, our Applicant Tracking System by keeping data up to date.
- Act as a business partner to hiring managers by understanding the required skill sets and intricacies for each job profile to successfully assess expertise and evaluate cultural fit.
- Manage interview scheduling and coordination of onsite interviews.
- Experience in (or an affinity for) digital or social recruitment
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with human resources best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible approach to work.
- Adaptable in working across business units and leadership styles.
- Ability to cultivate and build relationships.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Resilient and able to work in an organization that is undergoing change due to development and growth.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a full cycle recruiting capacity and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with general human resource responsibilities (i.e. payroll administration, benefits administration, etc.)
- Experience with Applicant Tracking System/s (Greenhouse experience a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies including direct sourcing, selection techniques and diversity recruiting
- Demonstrated ability to be a consultative partner to hiring managers
- Recruited for positions at all levels including senior level positions.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future Talent team member but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.