We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our growing Chicago team.
This role will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and support to end users on a variety of computer issues. Primary duties include installing, upgrading and monitoring computer hardware and software. A successful candidate will have two years of help desk experience in a corporate business setting. This is an excellent opportunity for a technology professional looking to join a fast-growing company.
- Configure and maintain the networked computer system and domain environment, including hardware and software.
- Administer, manage and audit configuration of corporate G Suite account, including application access and configuration, group membership and permissions, Google Drive, Team Drive, email routing and application availability.
- Setup and configure end user devices and other technology devices.
- Assist HR Operations in new hire onboarding and employee offboarding.
- Set up and maintain disaster recovery and data backup solutions.
- Administration of switches, routers, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Develop & improve monitoring and alerting systems for all critical components of infrastructure.
- Maintain AV equipment, conference room systems, and troubleshoot phone system issues.
- Document IT assets, inventory, procedures and policies. Replace and upgrade defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies and recommend new approaches to improve the network.
- 2+ years of experience in IT Systems Administration and networking.
- Knowledge of Windows; MacOS; Office; G-Suite, Networking, hardware, basic wiring, printer, laptop, and desktop troubleshooting.
- Baseline networking knowledge, including but limited to TCP/IP, firewall, switching, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience and understanding of MDM software.
- Exposure to cloud services and solutions in platforms such as Azure or AWS.
- Strong practical knowledge of Windows and Linux Server operating systems.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues and ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Experience with anti-virus and other security applications.
- Experience with cloud-based software (Google Suite, Office 365, etc.).
- Strong understanding of IT security best practices and threat protection.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies required for the task/project.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good oral and written communications skills.