We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is the B2B growth agency. We’ve racked up numerous awards and we’re growing rapidly. We’re on a mission to accelerate the growth of B2B companies, and to accelerate the growth of our people as they work to become the CMOs, CEOs, and other business leaders of tomorrow.
As one of the fastest-growing marketing agencies in the country, we’re expanding our IT team and need a Systems Administrator in our Boston office.
This role will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and support to end users on a variety of systems and computer issues. Primary duties include managing employees’ access to applications and systems; and installing, upgrading and monitoring computer hardware and software. The role will also provide Tier 1 technical support for users of our enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
A successful candidate will have two years of help desk experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a technology professional looking to join a fast-growing company.
- Configure and maintain the networked computer system and domain environment, including hardware and software.
- Administer, manage and audit configuration of corporate G Suite account, including application access and configuration, group membership and permissions, Google Drive, Team Drive, email routing and application availability.
- Set up and configure end user devices and other technology devices.
- Provide Tier 1 technical support for the core ERP software we use to manage the business across a number of different functions, including sales pipeline, scoping and pricing, project and task management, resource management, staff assignments and timecards, and billing and accounting.
- Escalate more complex ERP user issues to the Tier 2 support team for resolution.
- Assist HR Operations in new hire onboarding and employee offboarding, including managing user profiles and permissions assignments in the ERP.
- Set up and maintain disaster recovery and data backup solutions.
- Administer switches, routers, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Develop and improve monitoring and alerting systems for all critical components of infrastructure.
- Maintain AV equipment, conference room systems, and troubleshoot phone system issues.
- Document IT assets, inventory, procedures and policies; replace and upgrade defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies and recommend new approaches to improve the network and overall IT infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience in IT Systems Administration and networking.
- Knowledge of MacOS; Windows; Google Workspace, networking, hardware, basic wiring, printer, laptop, and desktop troubleshooting.
- Baseline networking knowledge, including but not limited to TCP/IP, firewall, switching, DNS, DHCP.
- Exposure to cloud services and solutions in platforms such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Strong practical knowledge of Windows and Linux Server operating systems.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Experience with anti-virus and other security applications.
- Experience with cloud-based software (Google Suite, Office 365, etc.).
- Experience and understanding of MDM software is a plus.
- Experience working in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system is a plus.
- Strong understanding of IT security best practices and threat protection.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues and ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies required for the task/project.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- This role is located in our Boston office and requires some on-site time to manage IT infrastructure, but we are a hybrid workplace with work-from-home flexibility.