Walker Sands is looking for a software developer who enjoys learning and applying new technologies to solve complex business problems. You will join a small development team which is responsible for designing, building and maintaining internal applications to improve operations and provide valuable insights into corporate challenges.
As a highly competitive individual, you will be expected to come up with new ideas and push the status quo. If you see a process that should be improved, we expect you to speak up and help us fix it. This means that we’re looking for someone who is proactive and able to keep track of the “big picture” as he/she addresses technical challenges across the company.
- Designing, building, testing and deploying reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable Apex code with best practices.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions using Visualforce, Lightning component framework, APEX, SOQL and other technologies
- Extend functionality of existing tools using Application Program Interfaces (API’s) and/or database development.
- Develop high quality code via test driven development, automated testing, and other continuous integration and continuous delivery mechanisms.
- Develop, maintain and optimize SQL queries, functions and stored procedures.
- Develop integrations across SaaS platforms and in-house tools.
- Test and debug applications, particularly as they integrate into legacy systems.
- Participate in the development of new applications and features within an Agile environment.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Develop visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI.
- Computer science degree or equivalent training.
- Salesforce development experience with Apex, Visualforce, batch classes and triggers.
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL, stored procedures, database design and management.
- Familiarity with n-tier architecture concepts including API creation and RESTful services.
- Experience with building and supporting Micro Services and the DevOps Model a plus.
- Ability to work independently and under own direction and initiative.
- Excellent oral and written English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling and proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Familiarity with BI technologies such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau.
- Experience with Google Scripts desired, but not required.
How to Apply
Please complete the application below to be considered for the software developer role.