We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Looking for an SEO internship? Walker Sands is looking for an SEO intern for a paid 12-week internship. This position is remote (work from anywhere) and will report to our Chicago office.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Our SEO intern will be responsible for reporting on client marketing performance and website health, keyword research and competitive analysis. Additionally, they will participate in SEO strategy development, internal and client facing meetings. Other technical and non-technical SEO tasks will be assigned as time and experience allows. If you’re interested in learning about website metrics or are curious to know how to make a website rank higher in Google, this is the internship for you.
At the end of the internship, you will learn:
- Why some sites rank better than others when I search in Google
- What can I do to make a website rank better in search engines, like Google
- How can I measure the marketing performance of a website
- Familiarity with Excel/Google Sheets
- Research skills (Utilize tools and investigative techniques to identify opportunities or deficiencies)
- Willingness to learn from an experienced team
- Excitedness to learn about organic search and how companies can leverage the channel to drive positive marketing outcomes
- Bonus – Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console or WordPress CMS
- This is a 12-week, paid internship beginning on September 12, 2022.
- Candidates for the internship must be eligible for full-time employment at the conclusion of their internship.
- All internship candidate finalists must complete a skills test.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future PR professional but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.
How to Apply