Senior SEO Analyst
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is looking for a Senior SEO Analyst to join our agency team. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively analyze website performance and guide our clients confidently with site optimization recommendations. Do you get excited by reducing Cumulative Layout Shift down below 0.1? Are you disappointed when Google selects a different canonical? Do you get frustrated when the only link to a page is from the XML sitemap? If so, then we have the job for you!
You’ll analyze important metrics like website performance, conversion rates, traffic, rankings, indexing and more for our clients. Your recommendations, both strategic and tactical, will help inform both technical website fixes as well as content and keyword programs.
We’re looking for a team member with at least 5 years of experience working in SEO.
We require a solid understanding of Google Analytics with an ability to analyze data, synthesize insights and recommend optimizations. Here are some examples of the types of responsibilities involved in this role:
- Analyze competitor month-over-month website traffic estimates, identify target keywords, and work with our content writers to recommend SEO content that will drive traffic and leads
- Analyze low-performing webpages in terms of organic traffic, bounce rates, pathing, conversion rates, and recommend that our designers and writers redesign or rewrite those pages as needed
- Review month-over-month pagespeed slowdown data, and recommend that our designers/developers take action to improve
- Review search index inclusion and provide solid recommendations in order to maximize inclusion by the search engines
- Review HTML response statuses across the entire website and provide solid recommendations for resolving inconsistencies with expectations
Key Management Areas of Responsibility
The ideal person for this role will possess exceptional attention to detail, have outstanding interpersonal skills, be able to lead a team and identify growth opportunities. Additional desired competencies include:
- Defining requirements, tasks, tools and resources needed to develop strong SEO strategies
- Communicating with clients, internal teams, and management on strategy, results and recommendations
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Managing to agreed-upon business goals and outcomes
- Keeping pace with SEO, search engine, and internet marketing industry trends
- Possessing the ability to foster strong client relationships at various levels
- Assisting team members with client issues and stepping in when necessary
- Building and coaching a diverse team at varying skill levels
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- At least 5 years of industry experience in SEO / web / analytics
- Client-facing presentation skills
- Google Analytics expertise (formal certifications preferred)
- Stellar communication and teamwork skills
- Direct report management and coaching
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work on a cross-functional demand generation team
- Strong work ethic and personal task management skills
BONUS: Beneficial Skills / Familiarity
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Screaming Frog
- Google Data Studio
- Google Keyword Planner