Walker Sands strongly encourages people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcome everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.). Please also let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process.
Walker Sands is looking for a senior motion designer to join the Campaigns team in our Creative department.
- Partner with creative directors and senior designers to establish the agency’s overall motion design vision, philosophy and processes.
- Create concepts and execute animated design solutions for clients and internal Walker Sands marketing.
- Lead production for all motion graphics projects, including storyboard design, asset preparation and animation — translating brand guidelines from the agency’s 100+ B2B clients into consistent expressions of their varied visual identity systems.
- Collaborate with creative directors, graphic designers, copywriters, project managers and account teams on all motion projects.
- Critique, challenge and celebrate the work of your colleagues during weekly creative reviews.
- Articulate and defend design decisions in a clear and persuasive manner to facilitate the collection of feedback from design directors and other collaborators, including clients.
- You understand the principles of good design and are passionate about creating best-in-class animations.
- You are relentlessly curious and constantly pursuing opportunities to better your skills.
- You value feedback as a critical means for personal and professional growth.
- You thrive in a fast-paced agency setting and enjoy the challenge of expressing varied brand guidelines across a range of project types.
- You’re a self-starter with high ambitions and higher standards. You take direction and run with it, you can confidently defend your creative decisions and you’re comfortable voicing ideas to colleagues and clients.
- You have an online portfolio that shows off a range of design styles, diversity of project types and your meticulous animation, storytelling and design skills.
- You have 3–5 years of experience and formal training in animation or design.
- You’ve mastered the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere and Illustrator.
- You want to join a collaborative team that demands excellence, celebrates ideas over egos and likes each other as much as they enjoy their job.
- Bonus: B2B knowledge as well as video editing experience.