We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is seeking an ambitious marketing leader to oversee our talented Web team as Senior Director, Web Strategy.
Walker Sands builds websites that serve as engines for our B2B clients’ business growth.
Our websites are fast, SEO-optimized, and primed for conversions. Our creative and brand storytelling are top-notch.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Web Strategy to continue to raise the bar on great Web work for our clients.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- The product: Provide strong oversight of our Web offerings, including process documentation and input on staffing, scope and pricing of services. Explore new opportunities to create value for our clients.
- The people: Coach our talented team of developers, Web strategists and SEO experts, and help them grow and develop in their careers.
- The work: Partner with account managers to lead cross-functional teams including creative directors, designers, copywriters, project managers and developers in the production of websites, microsites and landing pages.
- The clients: Serve as a lead strategist (the buck stops with you!) on integrated client teams, and act as a trusted advisor to client senior marketing leaders.
- The business: Represent the Web team in new business pitches, including initial discovery and needs assessment through to strategy and proposal development. Oversee utilization to ensure clients and internal team members are well-supported.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an expert at identifying and translating clients’ business goals into a sound Web presence.
- Understands the important role a company’s Web presence plays as a marketing and new business engine.
- Has intimate knowledge of Content Management Systems (especially WordPress) functionality and trends, and can speak intelligently to pros and cons of competing CMSs (Drupal, Sitecore, etc.).
- Has a solid experience with and understanding of how marketing technologies are integrated with websites to maximize business value of a Web-integrated martech stack.
- Is highly knowledgeable of and conversant in website hosting, security, high availability and scalability methodologies, technologies and architecture.
- Can articulate best practices of high performing, highly functional, on-brand and modern B2B websites.
- Understands SEO fundamentals and how they interplay with website technology, architecture and content to deliver outstanding organic search performance.
- Has an ability to guide, obtain and translate internal and client feedback into actionable items, and provide insightful recommendations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Has competence in Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager.
- Drives process improvements through retrospectives and analysis of project/team performance.
- Has phenomenal attention to detail and a passion for delivering the highest quality and error-free websites.
- Has a strong track record of delivering work above expectations, on time, and on budget.
- Clearly sets expectations for direct reports, evaluates performance and makes recommendations to aid their career growth.
- Is comfortable leading C-suite level conversations and relaying our team’s creative visions and goals in a way that exceeds client expectations.
- Brings 7-12 years of experience in marketing, preferably in an agency, consulting firm or B2B environment.
- Has a proven track record of leadership and business acumen.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great Web Strategist but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.