Senior Digital Strategist
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Digital strategists make sure client engagements get off to a strong start, are aligned to the business needs of the client and provide a strong foundation that is thoughtfully considered and built to scale. They develop, execute and monitor data-driven digital and multi-channel marketing strategies for clients, including targeting, messaging, content, channel and measurement.
As the client engagement progresses, the strategist oversees performance improvements and helps the team to stay focused on program goals. The strategist stays up to date with client needs, proactively offers new ideas and sets the team up for success. The strategist uses their story-telling skills to communicate results and next steps. They help the team expand, grow and maintain the account while helping the Client Services team set expectations.
In order to assist the team with developing integrated demand generation strategies, the strategist should be well acquainted with a variety of digital marketing channels such as paid media, marketing automation, database marketing, email marketing, CRM, SEO, website, analytics and content strategy.
Every client’s tech stack is unique. We are passionate about marketing and building expertise each and every day in a continually expanding list of marketing technologies:
- Advertising platforms such as Google Ads, LinkedIn, Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter and YouTube
- ABM platforms, including Demandbase, Metadata, 6sense, Drift and D&B Lattice
- Measurement and reporting tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, WebPageTest, Feng-GUI and Google Lighthouse
- Marketing automation and integration tools, including Marketo, Pardot, HubSpot, Salesforce, Zapier and Google Tag Manager
- Web and SEO platforms such as WordPress, WPEngine, ScreamingFrog, Sitebulb and semrush
- Work closely with the demand generation team to create comprehensive B2B strategies that align with your clients’ overall goals.
- Develop, monitor and/or actively manage the digital marketing strategy for assigned clients.
- Conduct periodic strategy reviews for clients you oversee.
- Develop marketing performance modeling, KPIs, benchmarking, testing and measurement strategy.
- Participate in regular client-facing status meetings for assigned clients. Present KPI reports, insights and recommendations.
- Participate in planned and ad-hoc brainstorming sessions for demand gen clients, as needed.
- Leverage technical skills and experience with the marketing stack to help demand gen team members identify and overcome roadblocks when they are planning or implementing deliverables.
- Create briefs that help service delivery teams understand the initiatives they are being asked to work on.
- Work with analytics team members to generate metrics, analyses and insights that answer core questions and demonstrate program success.
- Ability to clearly communicate B2B digital strategy recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, including preparing and delivering presentations that articulate strategy, challenges, progress against plan, and martech gap analysis against best practice.
- Experience developing an integrated channel strategy to support a growing list of outbound and inbound channels including, but not limited to, marketing automation, programmatic advertising, platform advertising, ABM, SEM, paid sponsorship, direct mail, landing pages, social media, email, and SEO.
- Understanding of and exposure to the digital marketing lifecycle, with a solid understanding of the digital marketing technology landscape and how each element works most effectively with the rest of the martech stack.
- KPI development, benchmarking, testing strategy, and measurement strategy development.
- Implementation oversight of evergreen and time-boxed campaigns
- 3-6 years of professional work experience (client side or agency)
- Experience working directly with sales, sales ops and sales enablement professionals to bridge the gap between marketing and sales.
- Experience modeling the performance of marketing efforts.
- Experience developing an integrated marketing strategy to reach and engage various target audiences at each stage of the funnel.
- Campaign strategy including ideation, planning, targeting and optimization of evergreen and time-boxed lead generation and nurture campaigns.
- Relevant, hands-on experience with either Marketo, Pardot or HubSpot, ideally including oversight of the marketing automation platform or team. Including: instance health management, defining and building audience profiles and segmentation, building nurture strategies, etc.
- Hands-on or oversight experience with relevant system data feeds including API integrations, managing integrated martech stack, plug-ins and connectors is a bonus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred