We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is looking for a senior design specialist to join our integrated creative team in Seattle.
- Create digital experiences (graphics, digital advertising, presentations) that are optimized for conversion, accessibility and responsive screen sizes.
- Design purposeful layouts for print (sell sheets, infographics, white papers) that prioritize readability and communicate strategic key messages.
- Critique, challenge and celebrate the work of your colleagues during weekly creative reviews.
- Collaborate with the agency’s account leads, creative directors, designers, writers, developers and project managers.
- Translate brand guidelines from the agency’s 100+ B2B clients into consistent expressions of their varied visual identity systems across digital and print.
- You understand the principles of good design and are passionate about creating stunning visual experiences for screens, print and brands.
- You are relentlessly curious and constantly pursuing opportunities to better your skills.
- You value feedback as a critical means for personal and professional growth.
- You love grids.
- You’re a self-starter with high ambitions and higher standards. You take direction and run with it, you can confidently defend your creative decisions and you’re comfortable voicing ideas to colleagues and clients.
- You have an online portfolio that shows off your meticulous layout, color and typographic skills.
- You have 1–3 years of experience and formal training in design.
- You’ve mastered Figma, Sketch and Adobe CC staples, such as Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- You want to join a collaborative team that demands excellence, celebrates ideas over egos and likes each other as much as they enjoy their job.
- You can create killer PowerPoint templates and custom decks.
- You are familiar with prototyping tools, such as InVision.