We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is seeking an Senior Copywriter, Branding to join our Branding team in Chicago. This person should have a creative and strategic mindset and an impeccable portfolio of work.
In close partnership with our Director of Brand Strategy and our ACD, Design, the Senior Copywriter will manage processes and improve cross-team workflows to ensure that branding projects are completed on time and with the highest standards. This position will report directly into the Creative Director who oversees the Branding division within our Creative department.
- Partner with brand designers and strategists to develop creative directions for a variety of brand identity and messaging projects.
- Collaborate with brand strategists to translate strategic directions into messaging frameworks, value proposition statements and other strategic brand deliverables.
- Identify, create, refine, communicate and document brand voice and verbal identity for a range of B2B clients.
- Inspire confidence and excitement from agency and client stakeholders during creative presentations.
- Provide constructive feedback and serve as a copywriting mentor.
- Collaborate with the creative Web team to ensure the accurate execution of defined verbal brand identities.
- Maintain day-to-day administrative responsibilities (responding to emails and Trello, meeting project deadlines, providing feedback on other team members’ performance and more).
- Refine, build and document our verbal brand identity process and offerings to help our Branding division reach the next level.
- 5+ years of experience, with a background in brand copywriting (agency experience required)
- Portfolio that demonstrates strong branding capabilities
- Experience pitching creative work to clients
- Conceptual thinker who can deliver strategic solutions based on specific brand goals
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications or related field