We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is looking for an ambitious and motivated sales manager to join us in our Chicago or Seattle office.
As an organization whose mission is to accelerate growth for B2B companies, Walker Sands strives to go above and beyond in developing innovative and strategic programs for our clients. Our client portfolio showcases an impressive variety of Fortune 500 corporations, fast-growing high-tech startups and major professional services firms.
As a Sales Manager, you'll manage your own sales pipeline from end-to-end. You will be responsible for qualifying new business leads, working with service teams to develop thoughtful proposals and ultimately closing deals. You’ll also work in close contact with our marketing team, identifying areas for growth and participating in sales outreach initiatives.
Walker Sands promotes a culture of constant learning and continuous improvement, and we actively encourage our employees to advance their careers through valuable networking and professional development opportunities.
As part of our business development team, you’ll have the chance to make a real impact during a time of rapid growth at a top B2B PR and digital marketing agency.
- Lead qualification: Coordinating meetings and communications with hand-raiser leads to determine viability for client partnership with Walker Sands, analyzing opportunities through the lens of fit, need, timing and budget.
- Funnel management: Driving new business prospects through the funnel from lead to close, managing the process from end-to-end between internal and external teams. This includes but is not limited to: conducting introductory and discovery calls, organizing internal pitch teams, running internal prep meetings, coordinating and leading external pitch meetings, and tracking progress of all activity in Salesforce.
- Proposal creation: Supporting internal service teams on the creation of strategic business partnership proposals across all lines of business.
- Contract process management: Owning the contract process from initial creation through signing, making sure the correct language and review processes are adhered to.
- Tracking and reporting: Tracking all new business leads and opportunities through platforms like Salesforce, Pardot, Trello and Slack, and reporting internally on lead and opportunity status on a weekly basis.