We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is looking for a creative and strategic PR manager to join us remotely.
An organization that emphasizes constant learning, Walker Sands strives to go above and beyond in developing innovative and strategic programs for our clients. Our client portfolio contains an impressive list of Fortune 500 corporations, startups, fast-growing high-tech companies, professional services firms and business associations.
Working closely with a team of passionate PR pros, as a PR manager you'll manage a portfolio of B2B technology accounts. You will be responsible for leading PR strategy and execution, with a focus on generating impactful results that build the client’s awareness, enhance credibility and improve reputation. You’ll also nurture client relationships, forge influential media relationships, and work with our agency’s digital and content teams to deliver a unified program strategy.
Along the way, you will participate in our agency's culture of constant learning, accumulating valuable lessons from the field and swapping insights with people inside and outside of the firm.
You'll also oversee and nurture a team of media relations specialists, as well as contribute to the development of more efficient and effective internal processes. You’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact during a time of rapid growth at a top B2B PR and digital marketing agency.
- PR Strategy and Execution: Building a strong understanding of the client’s industry, business and audiences, with a focus on creating and executing a strong PR strategy to tell their story in a compelling way, especially through media relations. Work alongside the Client Services team to ensure the program is meeting client business goals and that the strategy aligns to client needs.
- PR Results and Measurement: Focus on generating results that meet clients’ PR goals and a sophisticated understanding of various metrics that clearly demonstrate the impact of the PR program. This includes discussions with clients to manage PR expectations, and measuring and reporting results.
- Team Management: Coaching a team of PR professionals. Attention to individual growth, development, and training. Fostering a culture of collaboration, expertise, and growth. Building the next generation of great PR professionals.
- Processes and Best Practices: Keeping a pulse on the changing media landscape with an eye toward keeping Walker Sands ahead of the curve. Championing new tools, systems, and processes where appropriate.
- 2-4 years of agency PR experience, preferably in the fields of technology and/or B2B
- Experience working with members of the media and ability to craft compelling narratives and strong pitch ideas
- Strong writing and editing skills with a keen attention to detail
- Client relations and people management experience
- Ability to think strategically and understand clients' business goals