We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is currently looking for a detail-oriented person to serve as a Paid Marketing Intern for a paid, 12-week internship. This position is remote (work from anywhere) and will report to our Chicago office.
Are you a self-motivated individual with a passion for marketing, advertising and campaign management? Do you want to learn about the intricacies of paid media campaigns and how to be an effective digital marketer? Are you looking to be a part of an internship program that provides you with true access to learn from some of the best in the business? If so, Walker Sands has an opportunity for you!
At Walker Sands, we take immense pride in our ability to help our clients grow their business through effective online marketing strategies. As a Paid Marketing Intern, you will play an integral role in achieving success for our clients.
We are looking for a results driven individual who wants to bring a creative approach to the world of internet marketing. As a Paid Marketing Intern, you will work with our marketing managers, content writers, developers, and designers to define and implement paid media strategies. Working closely with our digital account executive, you’ll help manage large-scale, performance-based paid advertising campaigns for our various B2B and tech clients. You’ll gain exposure to everything from conducting keyword research to understanding campaign budgets to reporting and recommending new approaches based on program results.
At the end of your internship, you will be able to add these bullet points to your resume:
- Understanding of Google Ads and paid LinkedIn.
- Ability to optimize paid search advertising campaigns.
- Knowledge of SEM and paid social best practices.
- Ability to work with an integrated digital team and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including formulas (e.g. vlookup).
- Ability to write effective ad copy for paid search and social ads.
- Optimize results through A/B testing and other SEM tactics.
- A desire and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Current student or recent graduate (from an undergraduate or Master's program) with coursework in marketing, advertising, or a related field.
- This is a 12-week, paid internship beginning on January 17, 2022
- We are looking for full time or part time interns.
- All internship candidate finalists must complete a writing test.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future marketing professional but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.
How to Apply