Motion Design Intern
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Searching for a motion design internship? Walker Sands is looking for a detail-oriented individual to serve as a motion design intern for a paid 12-week internship. This position is remote (work from anywhere) and will report to our Chicago office.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
We are looking for a candidate with some 2D motion design experience who is looking for a new challenge. A typical day involves perfecting technical skills, animating advertisements and other digital assets, and supporting senior integrated team members on projects. Our ideal candidate would be an independent thinker and a team player who can contribute ideas, adhere to brand guidelines and move a project from concept to completion efficiently.
You also will be working closely with graphic designers, creative directors and project managers to bring animation support to campaigns, social marketing, explainer videos and more. You should be aware of current design and motion design trends, and you should be eager to bring your creative executions to the next level. You will gain experience working and collaborating with experienced graphic, web and motion designers, copywriters and creative directors while honing your skills and understanding of the B2B marketing space.
- Collaborate with designers to create and animate marketing materials.
- Adhere to brand guidelines, and complete projects according to the deadline.
- Explore your skills in the Adobe Creative Suite, and work with a variety of media.
- Collaborate with our designers to develop concepts.
- See projects through from concept to completion.
- Be an active member of our creative team, attend team meetings and coordinate projects with stakeholders.
- Proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite: After Effects, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro. Experience working in Figma is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of animation principles, keyframe manipulation within the graph editor of After Effects, and other motion design fundamentals.
- Working toward or have completed a motion design degree at an accredited university or college, or thorough education through online courses such as School of Motion, Motion Design School, etc.
- Strong creative and analytical skills.
- This is a 12-week, paid internship, beginning on January 30, 2023.
- Candidates for the internship must be eligible for full-time employment at the conclusion of their internship.
- All internship candidate finalists must complete a skills test.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future motion design professional, but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.
How to Apply