Media Relations Specialist
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is looking for a talented PR professional to join our team as a media relations specialist out of our Chicago office – hybrid. Our media relations specialists are responsible for developing media lists, conceptualizing pitches, writing press releases and preparing contributed articles.
You should have superb writing skills and an interest in conducting web research. You must have an obsession with grammar and the ability to take mediocre writing and make it stronger. If typos jump off the page at you, it is a good sign.
We would like you to have a strong interest in the media, trends, and what constitutes a good story. If you are a news addict and a journalist wannabe, you’ll do well here. As part of our media relations staff, you will work on a small team for clients that specialize in B2B technology. You must be able to think on your feet and change gears quickly.
- This is a hybrid role based in our Chicago office and will require you to be in office two days a week at 55 W Monroe St Suite 3925, Chicago, IL 60603.
- One year of full-time experience in public relations.
- Superb writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment remotely and in-person.
- Strong ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Positive attitude in a deadline-oriented environment.