Human Resources Intern
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Looking for HR internships? Walker Sands is looking for an energetic detail-oriented person to serve as a human resource intern for a 12-week remote internship.
Our HR intern will be responsible for assisting both our HR and recruitment functions with ongoing projects related to employee sourcing, records management and recruitment.
As the HR intern, you will have a chance to interface with employees across all levels of the company and therefore must be a confident communicator. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn about the HR space and can provide support to both our HR team as well as our agency’s employees. You must be able to work independently and balance a variety of responsibilities including sourcing, interview coordination, reporting, and HR system maintenance.
- Learn and follow our recruiting strategies designed to identify candidates through various recruiting tools
- Source prospective candidates utilizing various methods including internet job boards, networking, and direct sourcing
- Complete necessary pre-employment processes including:
- Oversee the assessment process of candidates
- Screen applicant skills as they relate to open positions
- Schedule and coordinate interviews
- A current or recently graduated student with coursework in business, human resources or organizational development preferred.
- Must be at least Senior status
- Any HR/Recruiting (related) experience is a plus!
- Open to both Full Time and Part Time candidates. If part time, candidate must commit a minimum of 20 hrs/week between the hours of 9am and 5pm CST for at least 3 months
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Willingness to learn fast
- Tech savvy with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strong relationship building skills and attention to detail.
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, initiative and integrity.
- Self-motivated with an ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Experience working with Google Sheets (or Excel) and Google Docs (or Word)
- Previous experience in an HR related field is a plus.
- This is a 12-week, paid internship beginning ASAP
- All internship candidate finalists must complete a writing test.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future HR professional but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.
How to Apply