Walker Sands is looking for a brand designer to join our creative team in Chicago.
- Contribute to all parts of the design process — from ideation and concepting to production and critique.
- Create digital experiences (websites, digital advertising, presentations) that are optimized for conversion, accessibility and responsive screen sizes.
- Design purposeful layouts for print (sell sheets, posters, direct mail, trade show booths) that prioritize readability and communicate strategic key messages.
- Understand, document and translate brand guidelines from the agency’s branding clients into consistent expressions of their varied visual identity systems across digital and print.
- Critique, challenge and celebrate the work of your colleagues during weekly group creative reviews.
- Collaborate with the agency’s account leads, brand strategists, writers, developers, project managers and motion graphic designers.
- You have experience working on and building new brand identities.
- You understand the principles of good design and are passionate about creating stunning visual experiences for brands.
- You are relentlessly curious and constantly pursuing opportunities to better your skills.
- You value feedback as a critical means for personal and professional growth.
- You love grids.
- You’re a self-starter with high ambitions and higher standards. You take direction and run with it, you can confidently defend your creative decisions, and you’re comfortable voicing ideas to colleagues and clients.
- You have an online portfolio that shows off your meticulous layout, color and typographic skills.
- You have 2–5 years of experience and formal training in design.
- You’ve mastered Sketch and Adobe CC staples, such as Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- You want to join a collaborative team that demands excellence, celebrates ideas over egos and likes each other as much as they enjoy their job.
- You can create killer PowerPoint templates and custom decks.
- You are familiar with prototyping tools, such as InVision.