We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is looking for a digital content intern to join our fall intern class.
You’ll work with and learn from a full creative team of writers and designers, along with developers, search analysts and project managers. You’ll be responsible for researching, drafting, editing and finalizing a wide array of valuable copy for a range of B2B clients.
- Contribute to projects that include website copy, content assets, blog posts, case studies, email campaigns, SEO landing pages and more
- Research, write and finalize these content types
- Learn SEO best practices
- Understand the business of the client and what their audiences care about most
- Infuse content with client messaging, without sounding salesy
- Write efficiently while paying close attention to the details
- Collaborate with designers, developers, search analysts and project managers as necessary
- Effectively manage priorities and always hit deadlines
- Generate ideas and develop content to meet clients’ objectives
- Master each client’s voice across a range of B2B industries
What We’re Looking For
- You’re pursuing a degree in journalism, English, business, marketing or a related field.
- You have strong editing skills and a demonstrated knowledge of AP style
- You’re a nice, friendly person who gets along well with others
- You can hunker down and get your work done without getting distracted
- You don’t take feedback on your work personally
- You’re eager to grow as a writer
- You enjoy collaborating and brainstorming with like-minded, creative types
- You care about producing content that will get the best results for our clients.
- You thrive in a deadline driven environment, and are able to prioritize, multitask, manage time and function independently.
- This is a 12-week, paid internship beginning on September 27, 2021.
- Candidates for the internship must be eligible for full-time employment at the conclusion of their internship.
- All internship candidate finalists must complete a writing test.