Searching for a graphic design internship? Walker Sands is looking for a detail-oriented individual to serve as a graphic design intern for a paid 12-week internship. This position is remote (work from anywhere) and will report to our Chicago office.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal-opportunity employer, Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc). If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
We are looking for a candidate with graphic design experience who’s ready for a fast-paced role in the B2B marketing industry. Our ideal candidate is a bold thinker who can contribute ideas, adhere to brand guidelines, and move a project from concept to completion efficiently. You should be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, aware of current design and marketing trends, and eager to grow your creative skills.
A typical day involves perfecting technical skills, designing varied assets for B2B tech companies, and supporting senior team members across three divisions of our creative department — Integrated, Editorial and Branding + Web. You will work closely with writers, brand strategists, developers, social media strategists, project managers, and account leads to bring cutting-edge marketing concepts to life. You will gain experience working and collaborating with experienced designers and creative directors while honing your skills and understanding of the B2B digital marketing space.
- Branding: Activate client rebrands through designed templates (e.g., slides, business cards, social profile banners, etc), image sourcing, and support in brand guidelines build-outs. Support Walker Sands marketing through the design of Instagram posts and case study build-outs.
- Campaigns + Social Media: Ideate and create digital assets such as advertisements, social graphics, and campaign activations. Develop engaging storyboards and collaborate with our motion designers to bring them to life.
- Editorial: Design long-form content such as tip sheets, white papers, and data reports into digestible and interesting layouts.
- Web: Wireframe and design compelling for both email templates and landing pages, support in website redesigns (image sourcing, mockup creation).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Working toward or having completed a design or design-related degree at an accredited university or college
- Strong creative skills and ability to implement feedback
- Experience working in Figma is a plus
- Experience designing on a grid is a plus
- Experience working in Trello is a plus
- This is a 12-week, paid rotational internship, beginning on June 5, 2023.
- We are looking for full-time interns.
- Candidates for the internship must be eligible for full-time employment after their internship.
- All internship candidate finalists must complete a skills test.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future design professional, but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.
How to Apply