We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Walker Sands is growing and the Talent team is looking for a passionate Talent Acquisition professional to join the team for a short term contract to help us scale. This role will manage full cycle recruitment across the organization but will have a primary focus on our Public Relations and Client Services teams in Chicago and Seattle. The position will report directly to our Talent Acquisition Manager and work closely with mid-level to executive leadership on the tactical execution of open and future positions.
Depending on the business need and an individual’s success in the role, there will be a potential opportunity to either extend the contract or join the organization in a full-time capacity.
- Working with our talent team you will be responsible for end-to-end management of open searches to ensure a strong, equitable hiring process is conducted, and that we are offering a positive candidates experience for anyone who interviews with Walker Sands.
- Developing, and implementing sourcing strategies that produce a continuous, diverse, highly qualified pipeline of professionals for all departments at Walker Sands
- Accomplishing tasks on time and to a high quality, managing different deadlines and priorities
- Manage requisitions and applicants in Greenhouse, our Applicant Tracking System by keeping data up to date.
- Act as a business partner to hiring managers by understanding the required skill sets and intricacies for each job profile to successfully assess expertise and evaluate cultural fit.
- Manage interview scheduling and coordination of onsite interviews.
- Determine and present appropriate job offers, negotiating as needed.
- Work seamlessly with external recruiters and agencies as needed.
- Propose and implement ongoing improvements to recruitment processes.
- 1-3 years of full cycle recruitment experience
- Experience conducting competency and behavioral based interviews
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems – Greenhouse a bonus
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity, last minute changes, and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack, and Linked Recruiter
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future Talent team member but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.