We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Talent Team. This role will start remotely, but will ultimately be based in our Chicago office. We are looking for an individual that is action oriented, loves helping people, and is ready to play a vital role within the Talent Team.
The Administrative Assistant should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize appropriately. You should be able work well in a fast environment under pressure and possess strong follow-up and creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly respond to inquiries. You should be proactive, with the ability to anticipate needs and come up with innovative solutions.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, keen attention to detail, ability to handle confidential information, and ability to interact with all levels of staff is critical.
- Coordinate and oversee document production and minor projects, as requested
- Research and compile materials needed for important meetings, calls and projects
- Assist with employee information tracking and report creation
- Serve as a contact for employees to direct their inquiries
- Complete special internal or client-focused projects as assigned
- Assist with onboarding and new hire welcome tasks
- Conduct basic internet research as needed
- Support our learning & development platform LMS through administrative data entry/maintenance
- Support coordination of L&D programming
- Maintain office calendar
- Interact and communicate positively and productively across teams within the organization
- Assist in coordinating and engaging in team building activities
- Coordinate internal meetings, including video conference set-up, conference room set-up, beverages/food, etc.
- Order supplies and equipment
- Serve as contact for office/building related matters
- Coordinate logistics related to travel, office seat changes, shipments, etc.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Consistently produces good work-product and follow-through on projects
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs remain adaptable and resilient, and effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to remain positive, even in a fast-paced environment
- Adapt well to change and shifting priorities
- Display self-awareness, positive and helpful attitude and the ability to work well with others
- Ability to work efficiently, be solutions-oriented, proactive, and anticipate needs and take ownership of work and excel in a team environment
- Strong time management skills, with attention to detail, following through on projects and handling multiple tasks are essential skills for this dynamic position.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future Administrative professional but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.