We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
About the Role
We are seeking a multi-functional, detail-oriented Accounting Coordinator to assist with various responsibilities in the company’s accounting operation. The role will report directly to the Accounting Manager and work closely with other members of the finance and accounting team as well as leaders across the organization.
What you will be responsible for:
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations: The Accounting Coordinator will be in charge of reconciling various balance sheet accounts as part of our monthly closing process including Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Accrued G&A, Payroll Liabilities, and Deferred Rent. This will involve calculating and booking depreciation, prepaid amortizations, and various tax and expense accruals.
- Payables and Credit Card Processing: The Accounting Coordinator will own the A/P role which includes invoice processing, vendor setup, maintenance and documentation, and monitoring items due for payment. They will also be responsible for processing company credit card transactions, reconciling the monthly credit card statement, matching transactions to expense submissions and following up on any missing/incorrect items.
- Payroll Processing: The Accounting Coordinator will assist, and at times be responsible for, processing our twice monthly company payroll, which includes entering new hires, terminations, insurance changes, commissions, and 1099 contractor payments.
- Process documentation: As our company grows, it is increasingly important to have well-documented accounting and finance policies and procedures. Because of our new ERP and financial system, the individual in this role will be involved in and assist with defining and documenting new processes and procedures that can help the company as a whole become a more efficient and well-managed organization.
We are looking for someone who:
- At their core is a good human being who treats everyone with respect and integrity.
- Is experienced with accounts payable procedures, account reconciliations, and booking transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Has a natural zeal for organization, proper documentation, accuracy, and consistency.
- Understands financial statements and the impact – balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow reporting – one has on another.
- Has a knack for learning and interest in gaining new knowledge both within the accounting function as well as overall professional development opportunities.
Requirements for this position are:
- A four-year degree in accounting, finance or other business-related discipline.
- At least 1-2 years of prior experience in transactional-level accounting functions.
- Proficient skills in spreadsheet applications and financial software with an ability to make sense of data across multiple sources.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with FinancialForce Accounting a major plus, but not required.
About Walker Sands
Walker Sands is a leading marketing and PR agency headquartered in Chicago with offices in Seattle and San Francisco. Our team of talented professionals advise B2B technology companies on integrated marketing strategies, including PR, digital marketing, web, creative and branding.