We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is seeking an Account Director who can oversee a portfolio of public relations accounts, working with our PR teams to drive earned media results for B2B technology clients. As a senior member of the Client Services team, the Account Director will shape our approach to account management for point-solution PR accounts and contribute to the firm’s rapid growth in our biggest service area.
The Account Director will act as a senior client contact and consultant, work with the PR teams to define program goals and strategies, manage client health and renewals, and lead sales pitches. In addition to providing senior oversight for a number of smaller accounts, the Account Director may also actively run 1-2 large PR accounts. Within the Client Services department, the Account Director will help us develop and document processes and methodologies for PR accounts to ensure a consistent client experience across our growing team.
- Oversees a portfolio of PR accounts at a high level, working with the media relations teams to define program goals and strategy; monitoring results and client business impact; building client relationships; and managing account profitability, client health and renewals.
- Leads 1-2 large PR accounts as the primary day-to-day contact and hands-on client consultant.
- Leads and participates in sales pitches for PR accounts, with strong presentation skills that build confidence in the program and team.
- Coaches junior Client Services team members, including Account Managers and Account Supervisors.
- Improves the account management model for point-solution PR accounts, focusing on process development, methodology documentation and cross-team collaboration.
- Demonstrates understanding of account and project profitability levers, including pricing, rates and staffing.
- Drives increased profitability of accounts over time.
- Operate a profit-minded approach to managing account resources.
- Work with clients to define PR goals, program success metrics, and allocation of team resources.
- Work with media relations strategists to develop and improve PR campaigns.
- Run internal account team planning meetings, high-level client strategy meetings and account review meetings.
- Produce and present client-facing reports that demonstrate the business value of PR programs to clients.
- Oversee client billing, profitability and contract renewal for assigned accounts.
- At least 7-10 years leading client accounts in a marketing and/or PR agency.
- Experience working on a PR team; understanding of all aspects of PR and digital marketing is a plus.
- Experience working with and/or managing cross-disciplinary teams in a matrix account team structure.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and present to executive and C-level client contacts.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.