We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is seeking an Account Director with integrated marketing skills to lead large B2B accounts across our services in PR, demand generation, creative, branding and web, including point-solution accounts and integrated accounts that span multiple departments.
As an Account Director you’ll serve as senior client contact and strategic advisor. You’ll be responsible for building client relationships, securing client retention, delivering quality work, managing portfolio budgets and profitability. You’ll work with our sales team and senior leaders to sell work and drive revenue into all agency departments. You’ll constantly be on look for opportunities to expand client relationships and find additional ways to add value within clients’ businesses.
Account Directors also serve as leaders within our client services department. You’ll support building the skills of account supervisors, account managers and senior account managers, coaching them through the gamut of client service-related experiences and helping them grow their careers.
- Lead a portfolio of large agency accounts, define program goals and strategy; oversee and ensure program results and articulate client business impact; build relationships with client contact and their executive team; manage account profitability, grow client accounts; client health and renewals.
- Leads and participates in sales pitches with strong presentation skills that build confidence in the program and team.
- Coaches junior Client Services team members, including Account Managers and Account Supervisors.
- Demonstrates understanding of account and project profitability levers, including pricing, rates and staffing.
- Drives increased profitability of accounts over time.
- Operate a profit-minded approach to managing account resources.
- Work with clients to define program goals, success metrics, and allocation of team resources.
- Run internal account team planning meetings, high-level client strategy meetings and account review meetings.
- Produce and present client-facing reports that demonstrate the business value of programs to clients.
- Oversee client billing, profitability and contract renewal for assigned accounts.
- At least 7-10 years leading client accounts in a marketing and/or PR agency preferably in the B2B and/or technology space.
- Experience leading and developing integrated marketing strategies, with specific experience in PR, digital marketing, content marketing and creative.
- Experience working with and/or managing cross-disciplinary teams in a matrix account team structure.
- Experience managing junior team members with a specific focus on client work and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and present to executive and C-level client contacts.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.