Content marketing is more than a buzzword—it’s a vital part of a successful marketing strategy. Today’s buyers demand creative, relevant and compelling content from the brands that are important to them. Content marketing fills this need by creating impactful content and optimizing its distribution across a wide range of channels and customer touch points, engaging specific market segments at precise points in the buying process.
The Need for Content Marketing
As more and more businesses recognize the value of content marketing, it’s important to understand what content marketing can do and why it may be right for your company. Here are just a few of the benefits you can achieve by incorporating content marketing into your promotional strategy:
- Builds online presence. In the digital world, content is the fuel that drives site visits and other key metrics. Content marketing helps you create and optimize the right kinds of content, amplifying your online presence among granular audience segments.
- Establishes thought leadership. Thought leadership plays a central role in B2B PR and marketing efforts. Content marketing is an ideal vehicle for growing your organization’s thought leadership agenda and positioning your brand as an industry leader.
- Attracts followers. It’s common knowledge that social media is a driving force in today’s B2C and B2B marketplace. However, many brands struggle to gain a foothold in social channels. Content marketing can help your business create relevant and compelling content that is ripe for social sharing and brand advocacy.
- Advances sales cycles. The best content marketing firms understand the roles that various types of content play at specific stages of the sales cycle. By aligning content with buyers’ needs at each step of the journey, content marketing makes it easier for them to navigate the road from prospect to satisfied customer.
Content Marketing Elements
At Walker Sands, we understand how to leverage content for business advantage. Whether you’re just getting started in content marketing or require the expertise of a seasoned partner to optimize content across your organization, we have the people, resources and services you need to leverage content marketing for measurable results.
- Content Strategy – creation of an optimized content strategy designed to support your brand objectives and comprehensive PR/marketing plan
- Buyer Personas – development of personas for prospective customers based on feedback from your existing customer base and other inputs
- Content Audits – analysis of your existing content to highlight gaps, weaknesses and opportunities for content marketing
- Content Creation – experienced content creation and copywriting to support your entire content marketing strategy
- Email Marketing & Social Promotion – email marketing campaigns and social content promotion to increase content marketing impact with digital audiences
In addition to our digital contenting marketing capabilities, Walker Sands is recognized as one of the strongest PR firms in the U.S. The combination of PR and digital capabilities creates added value for your content marketing investments, enabling us to leverage strategic media placements to further amplify your content to target audiences around the world.