As the use of digital channels continues to expand, it’s more important than ever to create an omnichannel marketing plan that captivates target audiences. Whether it’s B2B or B2C, marketers need to provide a seamless, compelling experience across all devices and channels.
Omnichannel Marketing: 5 Mistakes You Might Be Making Right Now
In today’s omnichannel universe, prospects evaluate your brand in a matter of seconds. You have to make sure your message is delivered loudly, clearly and accurately on every channel. Here are five mistakes you might be making in your omnichannel marketing strategy and how to fix them.
- Inconsistent brand voice. Your brand message is your promise to the customer. It tells them what they can expect from your products and services, and differentiates your business from the competition. Consequently, your brand message and voice need to be consistent across all channels to establish trust with your customers and promote brand loyalty.
- Providing useless content. Useless, irrelevant content is a waste of time for you and your audience. Every piece of omnichannel content your brand delivers must be unique and offer some form of value to the audience. Brands that consistently provide audiences with useful and insightful content are often categorized as thought leaders in their industries.
- Inability to measure cross channel performance or ROI. According to a report from the CMO Club and Visual IQ, just one in five CMOs said they believe they are good at quantifying the impact of one channel’s performance over another, and only a quarter are confident in their abilities to quantify the impact of offline and online channels. However, the ability to measure cross-channel performance and ROI is critical—and a key indicator of brands that excel in the omnichannel arena.
- Lack of customer data. When you fail to track customers across channels, your business loses valuable information about audience preferences and behaviors, and ultimately the customer experience suffers. On the other hand, integrated omnichannel data and analysis enhances the customer experience by helping to create more relevant content, more effective self-service tools, cross-selling recommendations, accurate and timely alerts, and better loyalty programs.
- Failure to improve. By viewing the omnichannel experience from your audience’s point of view, you can capture insights about your omnichannel marketing strategy and pinpoint areas that need to be improved. For most brands, the key to omnichannel success is a culture that constantly strives for improvement based on customer needs and preferences.
At Walker Sands, we’ll help you create an omnichannel marketing strategy tailored to your unique needs. Together, we can strengthen your brand, increase leads, drive sales and enhance customer loyalty. Call us today at (312) 235-6171 to get started.