Special events have the potential to raise an organization's profile with new customers and solidify relationships with existing customers. But have you ever wondered why most homegrown special events fail to translate into lasting PR and marketing value?
It isn't a mystery to us. At Walker Sands, we are well aware of the benefits special events can provide your company. But we're also aware of the fact that events need to be applied in a tactical manner. In other words, holding an event for the sake of the event itself is the equivalent of running your money through a paper shredder. We routinely develop and manage special events for business clients and when we do, we focus on using different types of events to achieve specific outcomes.
- Media/analyst events. Media or analyst events are the right tool for distributing information in a PR campaign. With careful strategy and flawless execution, these events can generate media interest in your brand and your products.
- Seminars. Seminars are informational and educational events that bring together a diverse combination of stakeholders. In some cases, it may be beneficial to host seminars to create dynamic interactions between customers, media reps, and company leaders.
- Sponsorships. Targeted sponsorships of athletic competitions and other events raise your company's profile in a specific market segment. At Walker Sands, we sometimes use sponsorships to solidify partnerships with customers, distributors, suppliers, investors, and other key stakeholders.
- Contests. Contests are extremely popular marketing events. But many businesses don't realize that contests carry risks in the form of rules, award selection, and promotion. Although some businesses choose to handle contests in-house, outsourcing your contest to Walker Sands reduces your liability and increases its long-term impact.
- User conferences. A user conference is a community-building event that strengthens the bond between your customers and the brand. It's also a perfect opportunity to solicit direct feedback from end users.
Walker Sands is a leading Chicago marketing firm with the experience and expertise to manage all of your organization's special events. Contact us today and let's talk about how we can use tactical events to raise your brand profile and grow your business.